Pokemon Silver Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Silver Academy is a fun, exciting pokemon rp forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battling System

Go down 
+2
Shiny
Saito
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Saito

Saito

Occupation(s) :
  • New Student

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Is there like a battling system? to make things fair in battles?
like dice it could be

1 or 2 = Hit
3 or 4 = Miss
5 = Hit/Miss (depends on Accuracy or something, havent thought it through enough xD)
6 = Critical Hit

Hit = 1
Miss = 0
Critical hit = +2
Super effective = +1.5
Not very effective = +0.5

It might get more complex tho like having to add stats for pokemon tho =P
just a thought =P
Back to top Go down
Shiny

Shiny

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:45 pm

I think that's a pretty good idea~

That way, we won't have battles that will drag on forever, just because one side 'doesn't want to lose.'

I do admit though that I can't see how that'll work accurately without taking a Pokemon's stats into account. We can't have Mudkips taking down Ho-Ohs, If you know what I mean.

And maybe we should put up a place where people can display the natures/stats/moves of their Pokemon? We can't have a Kirlia know twelve different moves, there needs to be four or less that each Pokemon knows. I think that would be a good idea.

Of course, there's always gonna be someone who would put up ridiculous stats for their Pokemon, so we'd someone to keep tabs on what's OK and what's under/over the sane limit for that Pokemon xD
Back to top Go down
Saito

Saito

Occupation(s) :
  • New Student

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:25 pm

well yea i see your point and making a page for stats/nature/moves is good idea so it could be like um well that below. and yea but how come they cant only learn more than 4 moves xP (i guess it makes sence but what if they got good memory)

Attack = Close Combat attacks
Defence = Defend from Close Combat attacks
Speed = Needed to Hit opponent
Sp Attack = Range Attacks
Sp Defence = Defend from Range attacks
Luck = Needed to Dodge opponent
and u could get points to distribute among stats (example 300 points to begin with)

for example

Shunshin vs Fuwafuwa (could be this)

Shunshin lv 25 Fuwafuwa lv 25
Hp = 100/100 Hp = 100/100
Attack = 54 Attack = 65
Defence = 52 Defence = 54
Speed = 46 Speed = 42
Sp Attack = 65 Sp Attack = 52
Sp Defence = 42 Sp Defence = 46
Luck = 41 Luck = 41

Shunshin uses Thundershock (lets say it hits um...) 44 (it could increase depending on how much higher the attack is from the defence. (also this uses sp atk and sp Def)

Fuwafuwa uses Tackle (um... xD) 38 (hits higher causea stats) (uses Atk and Def)

Shunshin Hp = 62/100 Fuwafuwa Hp = 56/100

so um i dunno how to choose lvl and stuff but um, maybe it could be
under lvl 25 = 1 battle = 1/4 exp
under lvl 50 = 1 battle = 1/6 exp
under lvl 75 = 1 battle = 1/8 exp
under lvl 100 = 1 battle = 1/10 exp

this will also make ppl become more dedicated if they wanna lvl xD
Back to top Go down
Stephanie
Classic Roleplayer
Classic Roleplayer
Stephanie

Occupation(s) :
  • New Student

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:13 pm

It's thought out, but it might be fairly confusing to some people. I mean, whos gonna look at your stats and the oppents stats and deduct the attack power?
Back to top Go down
Saito

Saito

Occupation(s) :
  • New Student

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:17 pm

i know xD i trying to think of an easier way to put it but i just thought of this within a few mins and it was just so we dont all keep fighting for like forever xD
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:23 pm

X_O Sounds like a good idea.

The pokemon battle that has lasted for a hundred years.....that would be boring..
Back to top Go down
Shiny

Shiny

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:24 pm

It's got some holes in it but it's a start. :3 But about the stats...

From what it's like in the games, Speed is used in battles to decide who attack's first, while the chance that you'll hit your opponent is usually decided from a randomly generated number. Luck sounds like a way to change things up, but it might sound 'foreign' to people who are used to playing by the game's system.

If we got a random number generator from off the internet somewhere, I'm sure it'd be a lot easier. Very Happy

Also, what would we do for weather effects, status ailments and recovery moves? How would we decide how much time a pokemon is asleep, or how long a sandstorm lasts, or how much HP a pokemon regains?

Ah, so many possibilities~ :3

Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:31 pm

For some things we could do what they do in the game. Like..Sandstorm lasts 4 to 5 turns. Then there are some healing moves that always gives back half the pokemons current hp...Just an idea..
Back to top Go down
Saito

Saito

Occupation(s) :
  • New Student

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:34 pm

Amy wrote:
For some things we could do what they do in the game. Like..Sandstorm lasts 4 to 5 turns. Then there are some healing moves that always gives back half the pokemons current hp...Just an idea..

i agree =P but we'd need to spread things out itd be confusing for new players, its confusing for me xD but its only an idea so if ya all add ur ideas to this too it might work
but we gotta find a way to make it simpler =P
Back to top Go down
Shiny

Shiny

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Making it simple might be a challenge in itself.

Have you ever seen the coding for a Pokemon game? It goes on for pages and pages and pages....

If we try and put that into words and make sense of all of it, it might take some time xD
Plus, Luck is there as an entirely new mechanic too...

I'm sure we'll figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:43 pm

I'm sure we will
Back to top Go down
Saito

Saito

Occupation(s) :
  • New Student

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:46 pm

yup well i only added luck to make it possible to dodge =P like if opponents luck is higher than ur speed and it lands on 5 then its miss
but other way around and its on 5 and it hits
Back to top Go down
Ginter
Classic Roleplayer
Classic Roleplayer
Ginter

Occupation(s) :
  • Professor
  • Chemist

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:51 pm

As long as you have good players and moderators, battles shouldn't drag on forever. From our last forum... I have no examples to prove this theory though. It's possible, but I don't want to use a calculator to rp with. Also If you want a "real" system its not just adding and subtracting. I could work something out, but once again I don't feel that it's necassary.

Saito wrote:
Luck = 41 Luck = 41
Err..... if someone has luck points... then wouldn't it no longer be luck. That's just my opinion on the matter. It wouldn't be "Luck" if someone was actually "Luckier" then someone else.
Back to top Go down
https://silver-academy.forumotion.net
Saito

Saito

Occupation(s) :
  • New Student

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:00 pm

That aint no fault =3= and i did all that without a calculator (i feel kinda stupid for not using one now) but fine change "Luck"to "Tripping Up Speed" xP
Back to top Go down
Shiny

Shiny

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:01 pm

Luck is catchier and easier to remember. Why not keep it the same?
Back to top Go down
Saito

Saito

Occupation(s) :
  • New Student

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:04 pm

I um Concur
Back to top Go down
Ginter
Classic Roleplayer
Classic Roleplayer
Ginter

Occupation(s) :
  • Professor
  • Chemist

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:06 pm

If we don't use the system I don't see why you can't call it BLAHR BLAHER RAH REE. If we have a bunch of god-mod battles though, a system will be formulated.

Edit: I dont like pokemon's limited use of Attack, Def, Spec Attack, and Spec Def anyway. So I would want to change that.
Back to top Go down
https://silver-academy.forumotion.net
Saito

Saito

Occupation(s) :
  • New Student

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:10 pm

eh still i know its limiting but i only posted this as an example cause we can tell there are gonna be some players who come along and dont want to lose any battles >.>
Back to top Go down
Shiny

Shiny

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Yup~ In a battle, no one really WANTS to lose...a few people might but the majority...

I dunno. If it comes down to willpower, stubborn people will be our greatest problem over who wins or loses in a Pokemon battle.
Back to top Go down
Mazz

Mazz

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:37 pm

How about someone who isn't battling does a coin flip for the overall result? Then you can RP the actual battle however you like. Another Pokémon RP that I am in does this, and it works really well!
Back to top Go down
Mazz

Mazz

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:41 pm

And also, battle like in the anime, not specifically like the games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battling System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battling System   Battling System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battling System
Page 1 of 1